Saturday, July 21, 2018

Why do we do it? 07 21 2018 (Subtitled: Passing the torch of humanity)

Why do we do it? 07 21 2018 (Subtitled: Passing the torch of humanity)

Why do we make fishing lures?

Someone once asked me why? I know that I didn't have the right answer for them. So I once asked a guy that sold parts to make fishing lures. And he told me, “We do it because we like to.”

That was all well and good with me. The right answer. But why do we like to?

Today I was working on some fishing lures. And after a long period of time working on them I realized that the voices had left me. It was as if they had reached their attention span breaking point and were gone.

And what did I realize right then? That there were quiet and patient minds that were with me still. That they had been waiting all along for the above to happen. As if that is what they believed in. All the rest is just meaningless distraction.

Then I thought about something Jesus said about, ..”That is the way of those born of the spirit.”

And what did I then recognize on some level? That perhaps I too was once the quiet mind that patiently waited for the good to reign over evil in the above situation. Perhaps not consciously perhaps on the subconscious level. But I recognized that. Perhaps when I was a very young boy. Less than 2 years old or so?

And the above really applies to anything that you do that takes great patience, time, skill and focus. To complete it and view it as something of human success. To do it until that voice becomes silent.

Could it indeed be passing the torch of humanity from one to the next? The next quiet, patient human mind knowing well indeed what it is at some level. Recognizing its own beauty not overtly but rather by the joy of being, the joy of being the one that perseveres against the negative? To recognize it means that there is somehow hope for tomorrow?

Something eternal to it? In that in that moment you recognize the existence of your own distinct human spirit. While also recognizing that there is another version out there that appreciates it, and is also like it. Perhaps on the subconscious level of the good?

© 2018 Thomas Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment